I found two web article published this week about “WOW” the customer. In the article Deliver the “Wow!” to Make More Money, she talks about five topics:
- Defining “Wow!” and “Ow!”
- Deliver the “Wow!”
- It’s Crazy to Deliver the “Ow!”
- What Do Your Customers Really Experience from Your Business?
- What About You and Your Business?
This article can be found on the website ChangeThis. I would recommend passing this article on to all of your employees.
The second article is Getting to ‘Wow’: Consumers Describe What Makes a Great Shopping Experience. This report covers five major areas in the shopping experience:
- Engagement: being polite, genuinely caring and interested in helping, acknowledging and listening.
- Executional excellence: patiently explaining and advising, checking stock, helping to find products, having product knowledge and providing unexpected product quality.
- Brand Experience: exciting store design and atmosphere, consistently great product quality, making customers feel they’re special and that they always get a deal.
- Expediting: being sensitive to customers’ time on long check-out lines, being proactive in helping speed the shopping process.
- Problem Recovery: helping resolve and compensate for problems, upgrading quality and ensuring complete satisfaction.
Below are the links to the articles.