Below is a blog post with a link to the podcast from Manager Tools.
Manager Tools Blog by wendii
As part of a project I’m working on, I’m rereading bunches of shownotes from the earlier podcasts. This afternoon, I reread, ‘One Kind Thing’. This is easily one of my favorite casts. (Don’t ask me though, I have a 100 favorites!)
If you haven’t listened, the cast recommends that every manager do one kind thing for one of his team each week. There’s a list of suggestions:
• Send them home early.
• Come in late in the morning.
• An extra day of vacation.
• Host them for a meal.
• Doughnuts or fruit in the morning.
• A gift card.
• A professional subscription that they want but can’t afford.
• In some places, a parking space.
• A guaranteed train departure time.
• Think about their family or their life outside of work.
All very easy, very simple things, which make your team feel valued. What kind thing can you do today?